Tuesday 19 April 2016

PATTERN DEVELOPMENT

BLOG POST 1: WALK THROUGH THE MARKET




PAGE 1 OF MARKET DRAWINGS




PAGE 2 OF MARKET DRAWINGS




PAGE 3 OF MARKET DRAWINGS




FABRIC: SHWESHWE1



FABRIC:SHWESHWE2


Walking through the market was a different experience for me. Normally when I walk through the market it would be i would just walk to where I'm going to and not look around me. I have noticed so many things and even though some of them I have seen before, but this time I looked at them with a different perception and view from what I would normally look at them. Walking through the Victoria Market, seeing the various bead works was very interesting and the shop of the traditional mask I found it paranormal and i could relate to the techniques used as they are similar to what we also use in jewellery, for example chasing technique. The fabric we chose has a variety of patterns on it, which allows me to play alot with shapes to form patterns as well as to develop different shapes too. What I like about the fabric is that it has geometric shapes as well as a flowery feel to it, which doesn't limit you. Overall the experience was great and very helpful in terms of the designing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment